My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

Monday, March 13, 2006

Are You Experienced?

We were at a party, my sweetheart and I, and Jimi was soulfully throbbing in another room…

“If you can just get your mind together
Then come on across to me
We'll hold hands and then we'll watch the sunrise
From the bottom of the sea

But first, are you experienced?
Have you ever been experienced?
Well, I have…”

She gently took my hands in hers as we sat, cross-legged, facing each other. We were stoned. I gazed into her eyes and she gazed deeply into mine. We didn’t speak. We were both too awed for words. We were dreaming the same dream, she and I. We somehow knew and understood that we both shared it...felt it...Perfect Joy. Our bodies swayed slowly back and forth as our unfettered souls danced joyously in Heaven. Tears filled our eyes and coursed down our cheeks. Time stood still. To this day, I cannot say how long the moment lasted. It may have been hours; it may have been only minutes…it felt like eternity. The room, the music, and all the revelers dissolved to nothing…simply disappeared. What we felt, what we shared, defies all description. I was hers. She was mine. We were lost in each other, lost in love and rapture. It was the most profound moment of my young life.

I crashed violently to earth several months later.

Funny. Decades later, we discovered that we both remember that moment vividly. As it turned out, neither one of us ever again felt so cherished as we felt that night. Pity.

* * *



* * *

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones