My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Letter to a Dear Friend



Yo, Brother C!

Many, MANY thanks for the music suggestions. Seriously.

That's one of the things I miss dearly, that circle of friends who offer up thoughts, suggestions, quips, critiques and provocations that meant (and mean) so much. My world has grown quiet. P, on occasion, will direct my attention to a "shredder" of considerable skill. I bless him for that, but one can't live on power chords/riffs alone. I needs me MORE. Lots more!

And to that end, I intend to travel east, again (overseas and west, as well). Yeppers, I wanna sojourn back to Canada and DC. V and I have talked about attending the Stratford festival (in Ontario) this summer. Figger I'd load up on Shakespeare then make an extravaganza of it and revisit my sister, my cousins and YOU/E (if yer willin'). Didn't spend nearly enough time last time. Wanna do better. I'm kinda hoping to do a "century" with V, as well. We've kinda penciled in the "Apple Cider Century" in Michigan this September. Gotta get in shape for that. And I gotta get in shape for this:

I'm gonna fly to Lietuva in May with my cousin, D, and uncle A. That'll be quite the trip in too many ways to count.

I told F I wanna drive to the west coast/PNW in the fall. Will I? I hope so. Methinks I must.

Well...as the saying goes..."Wanna make God laugh? Just tell Him your future plans." Even so, I gots me lotsa people I love and, dammit, I wanna love on 'em big time!

So...glad you enjoyed the birthday greeting. Glad you're healthy and happy. Glad I still got you in my life.

Cheers!

Jonas

* * *

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoy and if you hit Alberta, stop by.

Thu Feb 24, 06:39:00 AM  
Blogger Ponita in Real Life said...

Road trip!!!! They're the best!!! And if you come through Winnipeg, you'd better stop by here as well. Jonas' Big Adventure 2011. :-)

Thu Feb 24, 09:59:00 PM  
Blogger Jonas said...

Given that I'm a firm believer in the saying: "Wanna make God laugh? Tell him your future plans," I'm not gonna make any promises.

I will say this, though: to the extent that circumstances permit, I'd truly love to visit as many dear hearts as I can. There's really nothing more in life I'd rather do.

Sat Feb 26, 10:42:00 PM  
Blogger Chris T. said...

Just stopped by this morning and read your post. Thanks for sharing this! Will definitely keep you updated with more music suggestions as I'm always hungry for new stuff. So much interesting music out there once you filter out the fluff.

Regardless of what you choose to tell God, be sure to at least keep me posted of your plans - particularly if a visit to DC is part of it. And looking at the comments here, it looks like you just might taking the northern route through Canada for your trip out west.

Enjoy!

Sun Feb 27, 07:58:00 AM  
Blogger anna said...

I strongly recommend visiting Montreal for our annual International Jazz Festival (this year's will be from June 25 to July 4). And please let me know if you're coming. I would love to meet you for a warm embrace (if that's ok with you.)

Sun Feb 27, 08:53:00 AM  
Blogger anna said...

And, by the way, you write such lovely letters. Your friends are fortunate to have you in their lives.

Sun Feb 27, 08:54:00 AM  
Blogger PattiKen said...

Road trip - how exciting. Knowing that you are in the Midwest, I suspect focusing one's eye on summer and sunshine can only be a good thing. In my neck of the woods, summer includes world class music al fresco in an idyllic setting and a year-long Shakespeare festival. If it sounds like I am trying tempt you, that would be because I am.

Sat Mar 05, 11:12:00 AM  
Blogger Jonas said...

I gotta say, it does this battered heart of mine good to know that there are those who so willingly offer to say hello when there are days when I find it so difficult to say hello to my self.

Bless you all. Given time enough and health enough, I hope to meet you all...someday.

Mon Mar 07, 01:50:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones