My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Different Strokes

She came out of the shower with a large towel wrapped around her long hair. Her body was dripping wet. She looked absolutely beautiful. Instinctively (for I was consumed by an incessant desire to touch her), I found a fluffy bath towel and began to dry her gently. It was a sublime pleasure for me to trace the fluid contours of her body. I caressed every inch of her and I felt…sanctified.

* * *

I’ve had pets all my life, a great number of cats and dogs. I can’t imagine living without an animal presence. After all, they’ve been my wisest mentors. Each of those animal souls was unique, but they shared one common trait: they loved to be stroked. (I'm not oblivious to the fact that this is not exactly a keen insight. After all, we do call this activity "petting" do we not?)

They’re never bashful about their need for pleasure, either. My cats, in particular, simply (and perpetually) insisted on receiving long strokes, tickles and rubs. They would not (could not) be denied. I never minded accommodating them. It gave me great pleasure to give them pleasure. I willingly stroked each of them for as long as they desired. It did us all a great deal of good.

* * *

We humans seem more reticent when it comes to being stroked…or stroking one another. Why is that, do you suppose?

When it comes to pets and people, I do believe it’s people who need to be petted the most (after all, we have more "issues").

* * *

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones