My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

Monday, September 25, 2006

Commitment

Last night, I watched the last hour or so of a pleasant film (starring and directed by Edward Norton, a favorite performer of mine) entitled: Keeping the Faith...

A line from that film, as spoken by a wise, cigar-smoking Catholic priest of 40+ years:

Commitment is not a one-time decision. It’s a choice you make…again and again and again…That’s what makes it difficult.”

The words keep tumbling over and over in my head...

* * *

1 Comments:

Blogger an American placed among the English said...

I still can't get my arms around that concept, and I'm not sure how many people who are farther along in their lives actually get it, either. Is it something I caneventually grasp? Will I be grappling with this concept until I die? Or does it simply depend on what I'm committing to?

Sun Oct 01, 02:14:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones