My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Asphalt Calls...



The week after next, I’ll clamber into my cluttered, poor neglected car (I’ll change the oil first and fix the brakes, I promise). I’ll buckle up. Shift to “Drive.” Roll east and farther north, then south ...to visit loved ones. To see my sister, cousins...and hug the dearest of dearest hearts along the way. I got half a continent to traverse and that’s OK by me. It’s been waaaay too long since I did exactly that. Waaaay too long. The fault’s been all mine. And a grievous fault it’s been.

It’s been too long, way too long, since I’ve reached out to those who’ve meant so very much. To those who’ve meant...well...
everything to me. It’s been too long, way too long, since I’ve basked in their warmth and slobbered love all over them.

It hasn’t been easy being a solitary soul.

But...week after next...I’ll make amends.

* * *

I’m just selfish that way.

* * *

5 Comments:

Blogger Ponita in Real Life said...

Nothing beats warm hugs radiating with love....

Have a wonderful trip, Jonas! Sounds perfect. :-)

Sun Nov 14, 12:30:00 AM  
Blogger Jonas said...

Thanks, Ponita. Slobberin' love all over others kinda works for me.

Sun Nov 14, 01:08:00 AM  
Blogger Cheesy said...

Are you sure you don't have time to head westerly? I'll save Pie!

Sun Nov 14, 06:23:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoy Jonas.

Sun Nov 14, 09:53:00 AM  
Blogger Jonas said...

Pie! Alas, not this go-round, Ms. Cheese. This is a Canada/east coast traipseabout. Come the spring, I'll be wandering around Europe. After that? West coast. Most definitely. See ya then.

I will, Lilith. I'm gonna be lovin' on dear hearts I've neglected for too, too long.

Tue Nov 16, 08:55:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones