My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Spring


(from a man’s perspective)

Spring’s your crazy girlfriend
Tells you she’ll arrive at nine
Doesn’t show
‘Til three weeks later

No point in pouting
You know the way she is
Dazzling, wild and uninhibited
Allergic to calendars and clocks

And when she comes?
She’ll wear a low-cut dress
Flash a bit o’ thigh, and
Make you swoon from her perfume

Then disappear again
Keep you lusting, panting
Aching to embrace her, to
Bed together for days on end

You’ve been cold and hungry
For so long, too long
You’d forgive her everything
And you do

The way you always have

* * *

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like.

Sun Feb 27, 02:28:00 AM  
Blogger Ponita in Real Life said...

Ain't that the truth! And you don't have to be a man to feel that way about Spring.

Sun Feb 27, 07:23:00 AM  
Blogger anna said...

I love this! Brought a huge smile to my face. :)

Sun Feb 27, 08:50:00 AM  
Blogger Kass said...

Spring in a low-cut dress. Fabulous.

Sun Feb 27, 09:32:00 AM  
Blogger secret agent woman said...

And here I was thinking Spring is my crazy boyfriend.

Mon Feb 28, 07:26:00 AM  
Blogger Wine and Words said...

Mmmmm yes. She has a unique hand-less watch that simply spins a breeze. Indeed, we have been cold too long and even pollen is forgiven.

Wed Mar 02, 06:12:00 PM  
Blogger PattiKen said...

This is magical, Jonas. I love it. It spins such wonderful images.

Sat Mar 05, 11:01:00 AM  
Blogger Jonas said...

Ah! I'm delighted y'all enjoyed my fugue!

Mon Mar 07, 01:46:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones