My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Holding the Sun



There was a time when I held the sun in tight embrace...inhaled its radiance and burned inside with fiery passion.

There was that time. I still remember.

As day surrenders to dusk, I cup the sun with grateful fingers. The fire has ebbed to glow. The arsons within have left their scars and toughened these hands of mine. No longer churning cauldrons,
the sun and I are both at peace at edge of night.

I cup the sun in gratitude for the brilliant day, the searing heat, the passion and the power. The day has cooled. The winds have calmed. It is the hour of reminiscence and reflection.

I’ll cup the sun a while longer, bask in its warmth and praise the day. Night will fall as night is destined, but I will hold the sun a while longer.

It is simply too beautiful to let go.

* * *

11 Comments:

Blogger Smiler said...

What a beautiful piece of writing. It certainly resonated with me.

Thu May 15, 02:56:00 PM  
Blogger Moi said...

Awwww...perty, really gorgeous, Jonas. Thanks.

Thu May 15, 03:31:00 PM  
Blogger thirdworstpoetinthegalaxy said...

Agreed. And what an amazing photograph, to boot.

Thu May 15, 05:32:00 PM  
Blogger paisley said...

i have seen that incredible picture,, but until i read this,, it was just an optical illusion... now it has wings.... thank you jonas....

Thu May 15, 07:58:00 PM  
Blogger Sunny Delight said...

This is beautiful, in a rather transcendental way, as it touched me in what I can only describe as the very center of my life force. Encouraging me to embrace what was. To open to what will be. Yet, leaving me with the feeling that now,my what is, is exactly where I should be now.

Thu May 15, 08:58:00 PM  
Blogger Cheesy said...

Big sigh..ahhhhhhhhhhhh

Thu May 15, 09:09:00 PM  
Blogger shadowlands6822 said...

Jonas,
Does it mean that time stands still as you hold the sun? If so, then, please dear Jonas, hold on to the sun and let it not move. I need more time to adjust to the changes that must come...
If you are unable to hold onto it because it causes pain, then let it go...It will come again and twilight has a beauty all its own...

Fri May 16, 08:09:00 AM  
Blogger anna said...

That was truly lovely, but now I'm singing The Sun Will Come Out Tomorrow (Annie).

Fri May 16, 10:41:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How I love sunlight. Especially when it shines on water and leaves those little rainbows in its wake. This was a piece of poetry, Jonas.

Sun May 18, 04:09:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well said Jonas. Such picturesque style allows the mind to linger in a place known only to those who give pause to life's indignant pace.

Mon May 19, 09:26:00 PM  
Blogger Jonas said...

Thank you all for your gracious comments. As it turns out, this entry was atypical in that I normally jot down a simmering thought then search out a suitable image.

I stumbled upon this image by accident and the words came tumbling out.

I'd respond to each and every one of you individually but, forgive me, I'm suffering from a nasty cold and can barely construct a sentence.

Many thanks!

Mon May 19, 09:26:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones