My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Random Musings...

One might think that my relative silence, bloggishly-speaking, is an indication of a certain peace of mind. It isn’t. My brain is as feverish as ever...perhaps more so. There are times when my mind swirls around a feeling, a “topic” or a question. Those are the learning times, for me. Most days, though, all is cluttered jumble.

On days such as these, my mind covers terrain like this:

Brilliant Whimsy

I simply do not tire of this fanciful bit of imagery. I smile each time I view it. I think it’s because my world is peopled by flying penguins...



Reader Abuse

I’ll confess I’m a solipsist. I am. I’ve noticed that I’ve been using this blog as a repository for songs I revisit often. Given that all of my music is packed in boxes scattered far and wide, I’ve resorted to pasting music clips so they’d tingle at my fingertips. Then again, the songs I paste mean a great deal to me, each for its own unique reasons. Here’s one those (the video’s a bit lame...):



My Inner Woman

I’ve long been aware that a great many (most) of the songs that touch me the deepest are songs written and sung by women...from a woman’s point of view. It doesn’t seem to matter. So often, these songs mirror my own emotions.

By the way, I think I look stunning in heels...

I Don’t Understand...

much of anything. It’s not that I’m a dolt (although several valid arguments support that determination), I “understand” a great many things from an intellectual, rational and educated perspective. It is useful to possess a rational “understanding” of the world.

But I understand so little. My greatest truths, barely a handful, resonate within me intellectually, emotionally and physically. To truly understand something...anything...it must be experienced. Without direct experience, all we have is empathy...without empathy all we have is blind ignorance.

Yep. I’m gonna do it again...post a song for my own enjoyment...and reflection.



* * *

10 Comments:

Blogger Sunny Delight said...

I finally got to see the penguins!
I had forgotten about it.
Thank you!

A huge kiss for that!

Sat Apr 19, 08:57:00 PM  
Blogger Cheesy said...

"I think I look stunning in heels..."

OH MAN ... You made me LAFF out loud~~ Thanks I needed that!

Sat Apr 19, 09:19:00 PM  
Blogger Moi said...

Well, well, Mr. Jonas...all this time and this is the first you've indicated your predilection for cross dressing.

Will wonders never cease? How exciting!! Six inch stilettos? What...you're almost 7' tall, then?

Cool!

I'm thinking you should post a picture.

Sun Apr 20, 12:15:00 AM  
Blogger Moi said...

Ahem...that would be a "cross-dresser" not an irritated person who is putting on their outfits.

Sheesh...hate it when I forget the hyphen.

Sun Apr 20, 12:21:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why is it that so many men look good in heels? It's infuriating. LOVE those penguins.

Sun Apr 20, 01:47:00 AM  
Blogger Jonas said...

Awwwwwwwwwww...Sunny! I'm glad you enjoyed that bit of "Nature."

At your service, Ms. Cheese.

No predilection, Ms. Gillette. Merely a statement of fact.

It's not good to dress whilst angry. Bad things happen.

Ah, Selma, life is paradoxical, no? How can anyone resist a flying penguin?

Sun Apr 20, 10:06:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not so different, I see. I also picked up on the the "I think I look stunning in heels". Do tell, or better yet, post a photo:)

We have something in common now Jonas, I also look stunning in heels. I'm sorry, I couldn't resist. And you made me smile. Thank you for that.

Sun Apr 20, 10:35:00 AM  
Blogger Romeo Morningwood said...

Great stuff. I started out as the Solpisist Soliloquist pretending to wax boldly into the vapor of the internet. We do spend our lives in our head so there is much to be said for it.

I love female voice too..Annie singing No More I Love You or Imogen Heap, Kate Bush and a few others..they all bedazzle me with their empathetic siren songs.

As for Pengies..If you had to 'fly' past the lurking Leopard Seals you'd do it too. Leopard Seals are one of the most ferocious looking animals on the planet..prehistoric mammalian prototypical monsters...who unzip Penguins right our of their tuxedos with one snap of their head.
*shudders

Sun Apr 20, 10:33:00 PM  
Blogger anna said...

I had no idea flying penguins existed. Are those really flying penguins or are you just pulling my leg?

As far as the woman in you... I just think you're a very well-rounded individual.

Mon Apr 21, 12:42:00 PM  
Blogger Jonas said...

I have no doubt that you look stunning in heels, Deb (too).

Solipsist though I am, Donn, I aspired only to mumble my way into the vapor of the Internet...

Leopard seals are aptly named. Cold beauties, they are.

Oh, Anna, I do so love your trusting nature! The Beeb released that bit of whimsy on April 1. Beautifully done, no? The first hint of frivolity to come was Terry Gilliam (of Monty Python fame) reprising Sir Richard Attenborough.

Mon Apr 21, 01:35:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones