My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

Monday, March 17, 2008

Setting Sail


Thank you, Dear Hearts, for your kind thoughts, consoling comments and emails. You have been a great comfort to me...even if my silence may have indicated otherwise.

The death of love is cause for mourning. I’ve shed quite a few tears over the past few years. There were a few left still. I suppose there will always be.

The past is past, though. It is time to hoist sail and venture into the deep blue unknown. Who knows where the winds will propel me?
I don’t much care. It is good simply to cast off the hawsers and turn my face to the salt and far horizon. The tide has turned and the oceans beckon.

For better or worse, I’ve left the harbor I’d come to know so well (and not at all)...never to return.

It’s time to chase the beauties of the world.

* * *

9 Comments:

Blogger flutter said...

and of your heart. There will not always be tears

Mon Mar 17, 01:21:00 PM  
Blogger Brenda Starr said...

Jonas, you inspire me as always with your brave heart, lovely words and face always pointed toward the sun. I applaud you on your journey. You inspire me to walk that way as well....

Mon Mar 17, 02:04:00 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

"Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore." -- André Gide

Mon Mar 17, 02:15:00 PM  
Blogger anna said...

I'm sure those beauties will enjoy the chase as much as you will.

Mon Mar 17, 02:59:00 PM  
Blogger paisley said...

i have always thought chasing them till they catch you is the best approach...

Mon Mar 17, 06:29:00 PM  
Blogger Fiona said...

There's nothing quite like the sound of the sea lapping at a hull, the gentle motion as you glide through the water, the exhilaration of nature giving you such movement.

Enjoy the ride Jonas and remember, the feel of the wind in your face as you move forward, is one of the true pleasures in life.

Mon Mar 17, 07:23:00 PM  
Blogger Sunny Delight said...

It is my hope each new horizon you experience does indeed fill your heart with beauty.

This entry of yours brought to mind the song Heal Over by KT Tunstall, a song that "speaks to me" as I wander through the land of healing.

Mon Mar 17, 08:52:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Remember when you were a kid and the world seemed bright with promise? That's how I imagine you must feel as you set off on your journey. May you find those beauties in unexpected places. Take care.

Tue Mar 18, 07:03:00 AM  
Blogger Roads said...

Yes, you beauties. The hour has come.

And cometh the hour, cometh the man.
Look out.

Wed Mar 19, 08:36:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones