My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

The River


* * *

The river ran its course and dissolved within the depths of the vast blue sea.

It started all so innocently. A raindrop...a rivulet...a determined little stream. The stream found another, the two merged as one, and thus was born a river. And it was clear and fresh and joyful as it coursed down soft slopes and meandered through the meadows and valleys. Raindrops and rivulets nourished the river that grew stronger, deeper, richer as it traveled the world. Then, as rivers are destined to do, it slowed in time and pace, grew weaker, darker, muddier as it drifted towards the sea. The river vanished, simply vanished, in the cold, dark mysteries of the deep.

And I often think that love may very well be as fated as a river...born of two teardrops...that someday vanish in the Sea.

* * *

6 Comments:

Blogger flutter said...

absolutely gorgeous

Wed Jan 16, 10:13:00 PM  
Blogger anna said...

Your post reminds me of a song from Indigo Girls. The verse that came to mind was this one:

"The Mississippi's mighty, but it starts in Minnesota

At a place where you can walk across with five steps down

And that's just how you started like a pinprick to my heart

But at this point you rush right through me and I start to drown"

Thu Jan 17, 07:49:00 AM  
Blogger Jonas said...

Thank you, Flutter. We all have our moments, no?

Hello, Anna! If I'm not mistaken the song is called "Ghost."

Thu Jan 17, 02:21:00 PM  
Blogger Brenda Starr said...

That's a great song...

Thu Jan 17, 10:20:00 PM  
Blogger anna said...

Such an enthusiastic greeting! :)

Yes, the song is called Ghost. Don't you just love their harmonies?

Fri Jan 18, 08:36:00 AM  
Blogger Jonas said...

I see we have a few Indigo Girls fans here. I loved their early CD's, but I've kinda lost traqck of them these past few years.

And, yes, Anna, I'm chock full of enthusiasms...

Fri Jan 18, 10:24:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones