My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Missing You

Just because...



Because Christmas has come and gone
Because the days are short and nights are long
Because the sun shivers behind gray clouds
Because my mailbox grows musty
Because footsteps echo in vacant rooms
Because love’s a drug
Because wine’s never enough
Because shadows are dark
Because hope withers slowly...ever so slowly
Because my hour glass is emptier
Because dreams can’t be buried or denied
Because rain rattles windows
Because laughter feels strangely out of place
Because the prairie is vast
And the stars are so very very far away

Because...because...because...

* * *

6 Comments:

Blogger Brenda Starr said...

beautiful, longing...well-said, heartfelt....thank you
Alison Krauss has a haunting voice.

Sat Jan 12, 08:58:00 PM  
Blogger Sunny Delight said...

I wish I weren't on dial-up and could listen to the song. I know this feeling...and beautifully written prose to go along with it.

Sun Jan 13, 09:43:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sad and full of longing.

Sun Jan 13, 06:22:00 PM  
Blogger thirdworstpoetinthegalaxy said...

I second that emotion.

Thu Jan 17, 05:37:00 PM  
Blogger Jonas said...

Now I've got Smokey Robinson echoing inside my head...

Thu Jan 17, 06:27:00 PM  
Blogger Jonas said...

Thank you, all for your comments!

Fri Jan 18, 10:25:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones