My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Lover Lay Down


Generally speaking, there’s always a reason. There’s a reason that I’ve been listening to, and hearing Dave Matthews’Lover Lay Down” incessantly. I simply had to figure out what it was that I was experiencing.

I think I’ve come to understand.

I fell in love with that particular song when I first heard it in the mid-90’s. So tender, so hopeful, so longing. I felt that song in my marrow, then. I viscerally knew how and what he was feeling. I understood.

That man, who loved that song, is no more.

I listen to Dave Matthews sing his song of love and Perfect Faith but, now, it’s all an abstraction...melancholic nostalgia. I hear the lyrics echoing in my head with a certain emotional detachment.

But I keep listening.

Maybe it’s because I’m craving inspiration. Maybe I’m searching for the crumbs that will someday lead me back to Perfect Faith.

* * *

6 Comments:

Blogger flutter said...

Or to realize that Faith is never perfect?

Wed Nov 07, 03:24:00 PM  
Blogger Moi said...

I know you will figure it out and find whatever it is that you seek.

Perhaps it is your whale song?

Wed Nov 07, 08:41:00 PM  
Blogger someGirl said...

What happened to the man that understood that song?? What hapened in the space between undertanding and memory?

Thu Nov 08, 11:21:00 AM  
Blogger Jonas said...

When I wrote of Perfect Faith, I was referring to faith in love. I had Perfect Faith, once. I truly believed in the power and healing grace of Love. That it could conquer all. That it could bind two souls through eternity.

And in that "space between understanding and memory" (Oh, I love that!), Life happened. The experiences, events and heartaches of the last 4+ years (the grist for this blog) have taken their toll. I am not the man I once was. I've yet to meet the man I have become...

Fri Nov 09, 09:09:00 AM  
Blogger Ms. Skywalker said...

Oh, I love that song, even though it also reminds me of something that might not be again.

Sun Nov 11, 03:16:00 PM  
Blogger anna said...

Other songs will speak to you just as profoundly, just as future experiences will impact you just as profoundly. It's life - we're supposed to change.

Wed Nov 14, 01:37:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones