My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

A Remarkable Man

Today, in Philadelphia, a remarkable man gave a remarkable speech. That man was Barack Obama. You can view, or read, that speech here. I urge you to do just that.

I had lost hope that I would ever hear a speech like that, again. There was a time, decades ago, when America’s body politic reverberated with hopes, dreams, ideas and ideals. Those days were so long ago
(I was just a young man, then) that I’d forgotten how it felt to be inspired.

* * *

Today, I feel inspired

* * *

6 Comments:

Blogger Cheesy said...

Please forgive my language but~~~

He was FUCKING amazing!!!!!!

^5 Obama~~~

Wed Mar 19, 12:56:00 AM  
Blogger anna said...

I just hope the majority of Americans feel inspired enough and maybe even outraged and fed up enough to do what it takes to make some much needed changes.

Thank you for sharing that link. It was extremely well written and, I'm sure, extremely well delivered. That last bit about Ashley Baia and the older black man brought tears to my eyes.

Wed Mar 19, 08:39:00 AM  
Blogger Roads said...

Here's a site you might enjoy about Barry Obama.

Obama's globalism is so important to, er, the rest of us on this globe. It's so important that we can re-engage with America, for us, and maybe for you as well.

Wed Mar 19, 08:41:00 AM  
Blogger Scott from Oregon said...

If only his politics weren't so misguided I would back him for his eloquence...

When anyone tells me they know more about solving my own problems than I do, I tend to get a little weird...

Wed Mar 19, 08:06:00 PM  
Blogger Romeo Morningwood said...

Free Speech and opposing views have been a swear word down there since the you are either with us or AGAINST US speech.

I think that the corporatization of the US Media had a lot to do with it. All of those Conglomerates are in cahoots...except for FOX which is right out of the McCarthy Era..seriously wtf is that? O'Reilly et al are like villains from a bad B movie.

Thu Mar 20, 11:38:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This US election is a world election. I hope he gets there, I really do. He may be our last chance to make a difference.

Sat Mar 22, 06:44:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones