My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

Friday, October 16, 2009

Some Songs...

find our ears at unexpected moments. Then settle in to stay...

(Humble thanks to Ms. Wine n’ Words)



September
By Daughtry

Half the time passed away
All the trouble that we gave
And all those days we spent out by the lake
Has it all gone to waste?
All the promises we made?
One by one they vanished just the same

Of all the things I still remember
Summers never looked the same
Years go by and time just seems to fly
But the memories remain
In the middle of September
We still play out in the rain
Nothing to lose but everything to gain
Reflecting now on how things could've been
It was worth it in the end

Now it all seems so clear
There's nothing left to fear
So we made our way by finding what was real
Now the days are so long
That summer's moving on
Reach for something that's already gone

Oh, yeah

Of all the things I still remember
Summers never looked the same
Years go by and time just seems to fly
But the memories remain
In the middle of September
We still play out in the rain
Nothing to lose but everything to gain
Reflecting now on how things could've been

It was worth it in the end

Yeah, we knew we had to lose this time
But we never knew when, and we never knew...how
We would end up where we are
Yeah, we knew we had to leave this town
But we never knew when, and we never knew how

Never knew anything

Of all the things I still remember
Summers never looked the same
Years go by and time just seems to fly
But the memories remain
In the middle of September
We still play out in the rain
Nothing to lose but everything to gain
Reflecting now on how things could've been
It was worth it in the end

Hey, yeah, yeah

* * *

9 Comments:

Blogger secret agent woman said...

I wasn't expecting a country song from someone who looks like him.

Sat Oct 17, 12:42:00 PM  
Blogger Ponita in Real Life said...

As Tim McGraw says, "They put pop in my country". Which is the way I like it. :-)

Hadn't heard that tune of theirs... I like it... Time for another iTunes download. Thanks, Jonas!

Sun Oct 18, 01:54:00 AM  
Blogger Scott from Oregon said...

And to think I knew him when...

Tue Oct 20, 03:49:00 PM  
Blogger Jonas said...

I'll admit, I got grudging respect for Nashville. Mind you, I'm not particularly drawn to the bulk of C-W offerings, but the quality of the studio musicians and the brilliance of the sound engineers absolutely blow me away. Some of the best "ear candy" imaginable comes outta Nashville.

I'm grateful for that.

You are welcome, Ponita!

I was only vaguely aware of Daughtry (not being one to watch the talent shows). Still, I was aware of the buzz...and then I saw a PBS Soundstage performance by the band,

"Dayam!!!" I muttered. "These boys are GOOD!"

Fri Oct 23, 12:39:00 AM  
Blogger Kass said...

Jonas - I didn't catch Barbara Ehrenreich on Jon Stewart. Wish I had. After reading this review, I feel ever so justified about my regularly scheduled spells of pissitivity.

I agree about Daughtry's band. They're 'tidy.' I just scrolled through a number of your posts, including the first one and....and..."sdfecvpdpeomv,"..she typed, randomly dropping her fingers....I'm kind of speechless, typeless, breathless, any utterance I might possibly come up with would be like a hand missing its index finger - pointless.

(pause) - Where do you get your images? Online? Which rabbit hole has your mind been down? I'm a fan.

Fri Oct 23, 09:21:00 AM  
Blogger Jonas said...

Hello, Kasscho! (That kinda has a ring to it, no?)

Thanks for dropping by and...well...your complimentary words.

I collect most of my images from Google. I also collect imagery that strikes my fancy whenever and wherever encountered. There's no end to the beauty.

Some may say I've wandered down a few rabbit holes too many.

Sun Oct 25, 08:32:00 PM  
Blogger Ponita in Real Life said...

Rabbit warrens can lead anywhere you want them to... ;-)

Sun Oct 25, 11:25:00 PM  
Blogger Wine and Words said...

I'm so glad you liked it! I love Daughtry...not so much actually when he was on Idol, but I got his first album when it came out and loved EVERY SINGLE CUT! Same with the second. He pulls my heart from out my chest and breathes passion into it. You should see me singing with Daughtry in my car. I get 100 percent involved!

Mon Nov 02, 08:32:00 AM  
Blogger Jonas said...

Yes, Ponita, they can. They can also lead us to depths we wish we hadn't plumbed.

You elicited a smile, Ms. Wine n' Words, by using the term "album". One must be of a certain age to use that term. No matter how the technology changed, I still think in terms of "albums" (and I've still got way more than a few).

Having listened to your playlist in its entirety, I'm gonna pick up those Daughtry albums. I have faith in your taste in music.

Mon Nov 02, 08:00:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones