My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

Friday, March 04, 2011

Rain Dancing

Lightning flashed and thunder crashed. Windows quaked in fear.
Histrionics surrendered to steady rain, tears and memories...




Eric’s Song

Strange how you know inside me
I measure the time and I stand amazed
Strange how I know inside you
My hand is outstretched toward the damp of the haze

And of course I forgive
I've seen how you live
Like a phoenix you rise from the ashes
You pick up the pieces
And the ghosts in the attic
They never quite leave
And of course I forgive
You've seen how I live
I've got darkness and fears to appease
My voices and analogies
Ambitions like ribbons
Worn bright on my sleeve

Strange how we know each other

Strange how I fit into you
There's a distance erased with the greatest of ease
Strange how you fit into me
A gentle warmth filling the deepest of needs

And with each passing day
The stories we say
Draw us tighter into our addiction
Confirm our conviction
That some kind of miracle
Passed on our hands
And how I am sure
Like never before
Of my reasons for defying reason
Embracing the seasons
We dance through the colors
Both followed and led

Strange how we fit each other

Strange how certain the journey
Time unfolds the petals
For our eyes to see
Strange how this journey's hurting
In ways we accept as part of fate's decree

So we just hold on fast
Acknowledge the past
As lessons exquisitely crafted
Painstakingly drafted
To carve us as instruments
That play the music of life
For we don't realize
Our faith in the prize
Unless it's been somehow elusive
How swiftly we choose it
The sacred simplicity
Of you at my side.

Vienna Teng
* * *

There was a time, I swear (I think) when I danced through colors. Rain tempts me to venture back through the tears/years when that was or may have been...(I’m no longer sure).

I listen to the murmurs. Marrow aches.

Must be true, though.

Must be that I once danced through colors.

Though I really can’t remember

I do know this:

The prize is somehow elusive.

* * *

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You write sometimes like an old man waiting to die. You're not that old Jonas, your life is not over, it's just shorter than it used to be. You can still dance dance through the colors, you can still love.

What a beautiful song, thank you for sharing it with me.

Sat Mar 05, 08:47:00 AM  
Blogger PattiKen said...

Some hearts are too filled with music deep inside to sit quietly on the sidelines and watch the dancers spin past. Yours is one of them, I think. I hear it in your words, like that melody one can't quite catch. You will dance with colors again. I'm sure of it.

Sat Mar 05, 11:00:00 AM  
Blogger Alina said...

The song is great^^i love it

Sat Mar 05, 11:54:00 AM  
Blogger Wine and Words said...

Wow Jonas. Another direct hit with the song and I am left to wonder too...and regret. Wish I didn't. Not sure if I danced through colors, but I used to dance. Maybe in time, yes?

I agree about the prize. Sorry for the tears, but they do flow best when mixed with rain.

Sun Mar 06, 09:25:00 AM  
Blogger Jonas said...

You are right, Lilith. There are nights when I feel old, worn out and weary. On the other hand, there are days when I feel like dancing.

Thank you, Patti. I hope you're right. Methinks it's best to keep the dancing shoes handy...just in case.

Hello, Lian. Glad you enjoyed the song. Vienna Teng is worth a good listen. My favorite song of hers is "An Atheist's Christmas Carol." It's breathtaking in its beauty.

Yes, Annie, nothin' like a rainy night to resurrect one's heartaches.

Let's pray for sunny days!

Mon Mar 07, 01:43:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones