My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

Wednesday, June 01, 2011

You Are a Tourist



This fire grows high
This fire grows higher
This fire grows high
This fire grows higher

When there's a burning in your heart
An endless yearning in your heart
Build it bigger than the sun
Let it grow, let it grow
When there's a burning in your heart
Don't be alarmed

This fire grows higher

When there's a doubt in your mind
Because you're thinking all the time
Framing rights into wrongs
Move along, move along
When there's a doubt within your mind

When there's a burning in your heart
And you think you'll burst apart
Or there's nothing to feel
Save the tears, save the tears
When there's a burning in your heart

And if you feel just like a tourist in the city you were born in
Then it's time to go
And define your destination
There's so many different places to call home
‘Cuz when you find yourself the villain in the story you have written
It's plain to see
That sometimes the best intentions are in need of redemptions
Would you agree?
If so please show me

This fire grows higher
This fire grows higher
When there's a burning in your heart

Death Cab for Cutie

* * *

7 Comments:

Blogger Ponita in Real Life said...

Welcome back! And how was your trip, by the way?

Wed Jun 01, 10:18:00 PM  
Blogger Jonas said...

Thank you, Ponita. I'm sorta back, sorta not. I discovered this song today, purely by chance. It fits my feelings.

Impressions, thoughts and emotions seek expression. I trust, with time, I'll find the words.

Wed Jun 01, 10:38:00 PM  
Blogger Wine and Words said...

I have missed you friend. Such sadness. To feel the tourist. I think of a song called "Walls"...

♫And you got nowhere else to go
And you're lost within your own home,
And you're trying so hard to win,
You keep trying, it's embarrassing.
And how you don't even know,
But you know you're off the tracks...
And how did you get in here?
Thinking how did I get in here?♫

This feels like the same ache to me. The same ache that has worn a hole in the carpet of my throat.

Yes, I agree. The best of intentions are in need of redemptions. We never intend to be the error, the virus, the villan. Sometimes we are. And we forgive each other. We leave those doors open. We throw open the window and keep watch for all that returns from what we've sent.

I'm sorry Jonas, that perhaps what you left was not as expected upon return. Nothing really waits for us, does it...at least not statically. Wish I could show you something more than empathy. This feels so familiar. You've always been a rather large fire, attracting us moths.

Thu Jun 02, 06:05:00 PM  
Blogger Jonas said...

Oh, Annie, you are such a dear heart! You and I both (and a great many others) certainly understand the words "ache" and "walls." I've even gone one step further and wrote about fortifications.

But, here's the thing: Death Cab for Cutie touched a nerve that was already crackling...my gnawing desire to relocate to Europe (Lithuania specifically). This trip o' mine fueled the fire.

My brain's so full o' mush at the moment that I'm unable to formulate coherent explanations. But, I know I will/must...eventually...in the fullness of time.

Thu Jun 02, 06:57:00 PM  
Blogger Jonas said...

Postscript:

There are no moths here (although, truth be told, I'm rather fond of moths).

No. What I find here are chrysalids and butterflies and beautiful souls galore.

Just sayin'

Thu Jun 02, 07:17:00 PM  
Blogger PattiKen said...

I hope you can find what you are looking for, Jonas.

Fri Jun 03, 08:19:00 AM  
Blogger Jonas said...

Thank you, Patti.

‘Scuse me while I cue up U2’s I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For.

I kinda think I will. As I stand on the cusp of my seventh decade (sheesh, whodda thought!?!), I find my wants and needs have become far simpler, decidedly more modest. Simple and modest enough to be attainable.

Fri Jun 03, 08:34:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones