My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

Wednesday, August 03, 2016

I Touched Her


I wandered about a bit in the artist's studio.  The art appealed.  I looked forward to an opportunity to express my admiration.  The opportunity arrived.  We conversed and then she moved on to converse with others.

I stood there, alone, surrounded by beauty.

I can't recollect exactly how "she" entered my consciousness.  She simply did.

We talked.  Indeed, we talked for hours.

But here's the thing: I touched her.  I know now that she took little note of that.  Why should she?  Many people touch others whilst conversing.  What she didn't/couldn't know was that I wasn't one to touch strangers.

What was a trivial happenstance to her was momentous to me.  I reached out and touched her.  Did it again.  And then again.  I surprised myself.  I didn't understand what was happening.  My mind, obviously, had relinquished control to my heart.  And my heart, as you readers know, has a mind all its own.

I observed (rather surprised/stunned) each time I touched her shoulder.  My hand had moved of my heart's accord.

And I knew...simply knew...there would be more to this story.

* * *
    

11 Comments:

Blogger June Calender said...

Beautifully said.

I hope this note goes through, I left a message for the last post (too few from you!) but it didn't get posted.

Wed Aug 03, 07:03:00 AM  
Blogger Ponita in Real Life said...

*sigh* The heart indeed has a mind of its own.

Wed Aug 03, 11:38:00 AM  
Blogger Jo ~ said...

hi Jonas, that was a lovely read, thank you! :)

Wed Aug 03, 08:10:00 PM  
Blogger Kass said...

Wonderful!

Wed Aug 03, 09:03:00 PM  
Blogger Jonas said...

Oh, how wonderful (I'm smiling)! My favorite blog friends came to visit! I might just be on the cusp of writing more frequently. I'm processing a whole lotta new experiences.

Thu Aug 04, 09:04:00 PM  
Blogger My life so far said...

I'm smiling and so glad for you Jonas.

Sat Aug 06, 08:19:00 AM  
Blogger TheGITM said...

I simply adore how passion can twist a phrase as if of it's own accord... and turn it to poetry. Everything should be done with great passion!

Thu Aug 25, 02:10:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I hope this finds you and yours doing well. May we display your header on our new site directory? As it is now, the site title (linked back to its home page) is listed, and we think displaying the header will attract more attention. In any event, we hope you will come by and see what is going on at SiteHoundSniffs.com.

Thu Nov 10, 01:33:00 AM  
Blogger Jonas said...

Hello, Jerry - I visited your site. Kudos to you for your endeavor. I'm flattered you found my blog worthy of mention. Thank you.

Thu Nov 10, 08:06:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you so very much for giving permission. You can see your linked header under All, Entertainment, Literary and the United States. If you could say something (preferably good) about SiteHoundSniffs.com here and there, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thu Nov 10, 03:29:00 PM  
Blogger Jo ~ said...

I am so happy for you Jonas! Hope things are still going swimmingly!:)

Sat Feb 04, 11:30:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones