My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

Saturday, July 06, 2013

Because I Know


I’ve a blood relative I’ve never met....

And because I know we’ve both grown..."ripe"...

Because I know my hour glass is...well...less than half (or even one-quarter) full...

I wish to fly to Argentina.

To hug a cousin.

To kiss his children.

To hear his music.

To congratulate him

On a life well lived

And praise him for his love of family

And offer him my shoulder to cry on

Because he lost his brother...

(and because his music moves me so...)

I have a cousin named Carlos


And I feel blessed.

* * *

5 Comments:

Blogger Wine and Words said...

So...you are goin? Every connection we feel is a blessing. That it is a relative is an added bonus I suppose, because it can seem more solid. It can seem like a connection before it ever is.

Mon Jul 08, 04:47:00 PM  
Blogger June Calender said...

I hope you good - sounds like there are already good things between you; it could only be a great pleasure for you both.

Wed Jul 10, 05:37:00 PM  
Blogger Kass said...

Hope you went. Connections are so important.

Thu Aug 22, 05:30:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a sweet picture. I bet it would be healing and wonderful for the both of you were you to connect in person.

Sun Oct 13, 10:03:00 AM  
Blogger Jo ~ said...

hey Jonas, stopping by to say hi! How are things in your neck of the woods?

Sun Oct 13, 05:06:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones