My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

Thursday, October 12, 2006

The Snow Gently Fell

Such a curious juxtaposition of emotions!

I spent the morning on the phone with my divorce attorney. There were papers to sign, motions to rebut, court appearances to schedule. A sad, sad business, that.

There was the friend who needed consolation. Sadly, she, too, had come to the end of her marital journey. She had taken that first, faltering, guilt-imprinted step towards the darkness of divorce. Commiseration bled forth easily.

All the while, the snow gently fell.

It was the first, rather surprising, absolutely stunning snowfall of the year. Three days ago, I sweltered in the sunshine. Today was different. The world had been transformed.

I gazed outside my window as the snow fell. It fell so quietly, so serenely. Nature seemed to hold her breath as the snow fell, as the snow so gently fell. My world, for a precious hour or two, was pure…blanketed in virginal white…flawless, innocent and pure.

The perfect snowflakes gently fell…and my heart reached out to greet them.

* * *

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones