My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

Saturday, November 19, 2016

My Umbrella


I don’t know when, or who devised the “golf umbrella”.  It’s a rather practical appurtenance.  Can’t say I’ve used my umbrella much whilst golfing.  But it played a significant role in my life when it came to a matter of the heart.

We had tickets to see a concert at Ravinia (a beloved outdoor music venue).  Rain threatened in the distance.  I grabbed my umbrella “just in case”.

We waited for the concert to begin.  Raindrops began to splatter.  Just a few at first, but they found strength in numbers. It was then that I unfurled my umbrella.  

The thing about a golf umbrella is that it is optimally sized to shelter two.  And so it came to pass (as the rain grew more enthusiastic), that I wrapped my arm around her waist, hoisted the umbrella high, and came to marvel how well her curves fit mine.

The rain fell from Heaven.  I felt myself falling, too.  


I will forever cherish that umbrella.

* * *

4 Comments:

Blogger kent said...

Beautiful!

Sat Nov 19, 05:55:00 AM  
Blogger My life so far said...

Just smiling.

Sat Nov 19, 08:02:00 AM  
Blogger Jo ~ said...

sooooosweet! love it :)

Sat Feb 04, 11:27:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful. Utility and the heart converge. :-)

Sun Apr 09, 03:29:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones