My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Crazy Influence

She’ll forever be
A crazy influence.
Stronger than whiskey,
More potent than drugs,
She’s somehow altered
My very blood.
Nothing’s quite the same
Inside of me.
She’s somehow changed
Reality.
God help me,
She’ll forever be…

A crazy influence.

* * *

I know. I know. It’s pretty lame, as poetry goes. I can’t say I’m all that embarrassed about it, though. I didn’t intend, or try, to write a poem. The words simply fell out of my brain that way.

I was fixated upon the fact that some people, be they family members, friends, teachers or (in this case) a lover, can fundamentally transform us…forever exert a crazy influence. It’s true. I don’t look at life the same way any more. My eyes see the world through her filter. My heart beats differently, somehow.
I swear, my ears don’t even work the way they used to work. She got into my blood and infused herself into every organ, every cell. And my soul? I don’t even recognize it any more. I’m different, now.

She left me in an altered state. And she’ll forever remain a crazy influence.

* * *

2 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

Hi , My Name is Elizabeth, I wish i could Write like that, Its all so fummiler With The words that you have Writen. I wish some how my words and my thoughts could flow thrue As To sound the was they do. You may come and Visit my Blog At MyFansy1@BlogSpot.com, And/or At FansyAs123@BlogSpot.com. I Just thought i would write you and tell you how beautifull it was to read in the way you wrote. Good Bye my Dear One

Sat Nov 18, 12:02:00 AM  
Blogger Jonas said...

Thank you, Elizabeth, for your gracious comment.

Sat Nov 18, 01:27:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones