My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

Friday, November 10, 2006

Rainy Evening



Although it is November, a stray warm front (no doubt lost and looking for Florida) somehow made its way into the Windy City. Shortly after sunset, the rains came. In the distance, thunder rumbled.

I sat by my open window and listened to the rain. It made for such sweet music.

My mind grew quiet, mesmerized by the falling, falling, gently falling, soothing pattering rain. Set free at last, my heart took flight. It soared above the rooftops, over bare and yearning trees. It danced across the prairie, embracing bashful clouds along the way in a laughing pas de deux. What joy, this unexpected ballet in the rain! My heart then roamed (as only hearts can do) over countless miles, across the rolling plains. It hovered for a little while above a modest, green-hued home. It paused to pray that peace and happiness had found their way within. And then it soared again; it swooned, it danced and played with prancing raindrops amidst the teasing winds.

At peace for once, my heart came dancing back to me. The rain maintained its serenade.

Here it is…November. And I’m in love with the falling, falling, gently falling, soothing pattering rain.

* * *

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautiful. i know that feeling, it is so refreshing, so healing, just what rain was made for.

Fri Mar 27, 09:12:00 PM  
Blogger PattiKen said...

And the sadness builds...

Sat Mar 26, 10:59:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones