My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

Monday, October 23, 2006

A Preview

I’m finding it difficult to find the words. Believe me, there’s a whole lot bubbling in this stew-pot head of mine. I know what I want to write about. I know exactly what I’ve been pondering for weeks and weeks and weeks now. It’s just that I’m finding it so very difficult to find the words. I attribute that to the fact that I am somewhat…Wow!…Hey!…Look! A squirrel!

Um, where was I? Ah…oh, yes…I’m…I’m easily distracted.

I want to revisit the topic of Commitment. I think I understand the basic concept better, now, than ever before. I suppose I could say “Better late than never.” On the other hand, I can also aptly mutter ruthfully (I know, I know, that’s not a word…I’m just flashing my poetic license here) that my insights came way too late to do anyone any good. Don’t let that happen to you.

I want to tackle the notion of “gendered hearts.” Sweet Amaris and Ms. Eleanor seem to believe there are masculine and feminine hearts. I beg to disagree.

I want to write about the “Shoeless Man.”

Somewhere inside of me is a long, long riff on Oscar Hammerstein’s song: “Getting To Know You.”

There’s this ghost who haunts me. I believe she deserves an entry of her very own.

I’ve got to get all these thoughts down on "paper" (curled though the pages may be) to clear my head a bit. There’s so much more to ponder…and I’m running out of time.

* * *

5 Comments:

Blogger an American placed among the English said...

oh, I'm sweet, am I?

and since when is time an issue for the mind?

Mon Oct 23, 10:40:00 PM  
Blogger Jonas said...

"oh, I'm sweet, am I?"

Yes.

Tue Oct 24, 12:18:00 AM  
Blogger Jonas said...

Time...such an elusive, ephemeral thing! In my youth, the summer days seemed endless. In my dotage, the days fall through the hourglass in ever faster torrents. Time is the only thing I crave. It has become the rarest of all of life's possible treasures...rarer than sapphires, more precious than diamonds. I'm afraid I will not have sufficient time to heal, nor sufficient time to do the things I was meant to do. My days have grown much shorter than yours. That is in the nature of things. Remember this thirty years from now. Only then will you understand.

In the meantime, bask in the sun. It does not smile high in the Heavens forever.

Tue Oct 24, 02:25:00 PM  
Blogger an American placed among the English said...

you're too nice to me.

and yes... time is the only thing man can't conquer, no matter how hard we press it into calendars and digital watches--it still holds sway over our minds and our bodies... but what i meant was that our minds can grasp a tiny piece of power through memories. we can consider so much in so short a time, or so little in great pieces of time.

Tue Oct 24, 02:29:00 PM  
Blogger Jonas said...

I do believe I belong squarely in the grasping-so-little-over-long-stretches-of-time camp. Sigh.

Tue Oct 24, 02:43:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones