My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

My Ideal Partner...


* * *

Would love me for my angels, for the man I hope to be (and know
I can be), and would ever gently nudge me to be better.

Would always know that I love her, despite my foolish and brutish ways.

Would trust me enough to share her heart, and be brave enough to listen to mine.

Would believe in me when I doubt myself.

Would know that I’m neither as bad as I appear to be, nor as good as
I should be, but trusting that (with a little help...well...OK...make that lots of help) I will grow wiser, gentler and kinder with age.

Would be patient when I’m flustered, comforting when I’m despondent, and loving when I’m least lovable.

Would be passionate in bed.

Would respect me for my efforts, not disparage me when I falter.

Would seek to understand the man I truly am…and help me to understand my self.

Would have selective amnesia…remembering every small, thoughtful gesture while forgetting all the slights, insults and errors of judgment.

Would explore the world with me and open my eyes and heart to beauty.

Would share anything and everything with me…the good, the sad and everything in between.

Would miss me when I’m gone, rejoice when I return...all the while accepting that I’m not always fun or pleasant to have around.

Would hold my hand when I’m old and unsteady on my feet.

* * *

(I promise to strive to be all that...and more... in return)

* * *

21 Comments:

Blogger an American placed among the English said...

I believe that you'll love the woman who aspires to do/be all those things, and that you'll be able to see and treasure her for those ambitions.

I crave emotional intimacy as well.

Tue Feb 20, 01:14:00 PM  
Blogger Jonas said...

We all crave emotional intimacy, Amaris. The craving, the need, the thirst never disappears...can never be slaked or satiated.

Tue Feb 20, 01:27:00 PM  
Blogger Frasnotic said...

A wonderful insight that shows great self-awareness and acceptance. The woman is lucky who enters into your world.

Tue Feb 20, 01:53:00 PM  
Blogger Jonas said...

Your Highness, I'll have you know you just made me laugh...(sigh).

Tue Feb 20, 01:58:00 PM  
Blogger Frasnotic said...

Thank you, I am glad I brightened someone's day....but why a sigh?
I have only just stumbled upon your blog this week and love your writing. I will return often to be inspired!!!!

Tue Feb 20, 02:05:00 PM  
Blogger Jonas said...

Why a sigh, you ask?

I believe my former partners would love to answer you!

Thank you for your kind thoughts and words!

Tue Feb 20, 02:15:00 PM  
Blogger Roads said...

Hey, Jonas - it may be just a little longer than the average entry in London's Time Out, but with writing like that, once it hits the city streets you're going to be inundated with offers, very soon.

Tue Feb 20, 06:11:00 PM  
Blogger Jonas said...

That may be true, Roads, but...then...they might actually meet me...and then...well...all hell usually breaks loose...(sigh)

Tue Feb 20, 06:35:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Crikey and luvvaduck, mate. What a scorcher.

At the risk of indelibly blotting my pseudo-intellectual credentials, I'd say that with so many sighs all over the place and hell breaking loose around you just on a first meeting, then you're clearly something of a dark horse there after all, guv'nor, and no mistake.

Tue Feb 20, 06:56:00 PM  
Blogger Jonas said...

I just love it when you go all "Limey" on me, Roads.

Tue Feb 20, 07:02:00 PM  
Blogger Sunny Delight said...

Your description of an ideal mate would have to an extraordinary being.

We are all fallible, your last line says it all. "I promise to strive to be all that in return."

As long as they had the aspiration to fulfill those needs within me, would be all I could ask for.

Adds another sigh to the ether.

Tue Feb 20, 09:04:00 PM  
Blogger Jonas said...

Yes. My ideal partner would be an extraordinary human being. Someone...say...like you.

Tue Feb 20, 09:39:00 PM  
Blogger Fiona said...

Nods and smiles. She IS extraordinary, without any doubt, Jonas.

Wed Feb 21, 12:20:00 AM  
Blogger Green-Eyed Girl said...

It makes my heart glad to know that there are men like you in the world.

Wed Feb 21, 08:58:00 PM  
Blogger Jonas said...

Ah, Fiona! How ever did you get to be so wise?

So, tell me, Ms. Devil...do you crave to lick my eyebrows? (smiling)

Wed Feb 21, 09:09:00 PM  
Blogger Cheesy said...

May your destiny have a woman with these tid~bits! Then you will truely be blessed...

Thu Feb 22, 12:07:00 AM  
Blogger Fiona said...

Not so wise Jonas. But I have come to know that woman....KNOW her and she is exquisite. I wish I was more like her.

And if I was a man I'd be after her ;)

Thu Feb 22, 12:14:00 AM  
Blogger Jonas said...

Yes, Ms. Cheesy...then I would be truly blessed...

I do believe it would be most churlish of me to ignore your wise counsel, Fiona.

Thu Feb 22, 12:24:00 AM  
Blogger Fiona said...

*sings*....churlish is a word I use to describe......

hahhahahahaha sorry couldn't resist, you know what I'm like with the tunes that run through my head

well, it would never be on my list of words to describe you, my dear man *S*

Thu Feb 22, 01:04:00 AM  
Blogger Green-Eyed Girl said...

For hours and hours, but first, we must remove those sunglasses...gently, now...

Thu Feb 22, 03:44:00 AM  
Blogger Jonas said...

I must admit, I find the thought of "good brow" intriguing.

(I'm laughing)

Mon Feb 26, 01:21:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones