My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

Saturday, July 21, 2007

A Million Miles From Yesterday


Funny how a song appears from seemingly nowhere and captures the mood of the moment.

I sit in front of my new computer, in my new abode, windows wide open. Hope and tranquility waft in with every wayward breeze.

It truly feels as if I’m a million miles from yesterday.

Everything around me’s changed. My home is another world entirely. It’s an alternate reality, so vastly different in every way: culturally, economically and aesthetically.

I abandoned a house haunted with ghosts, where pain lurks in every corner, within every shadow. I can breathe again in these cramped, ramshackle quarters. This is where I’ll heal. I'm gonna brush the dirt and ashes from my bloodied knees. I'm gonna stand up straight and stretch my arms out wide. I'm not afraid to bare my heart to Heaven, and not too proud to pray for mercy. This is where I’ve come to make a stand and, in so doing, find myself again (the good parts, anyway...
I hope).

I’m a million miles from yesterday, and I’ve a million more to go.

* * *



* * *

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I pray your healing comes quickly. Heaven is stretching out Their hands to you as well

Sat Jul 21, 06:36:00 PM  
Blogger Jonas said...

Thank you, Anon.

Sat Jul 21, 10:04:00 PM  
Blogger Fiona said...

New beginnings. This is so exciting! I shall have some too, in several months, and I'm eagerly rushing towards the time.

I hope the newness of possibilites keeps you smiling, Jonas.

Mon Jul 23, 12:33:00 AM  
Blogger Moi said...

Oohlala..I love this post, Jonas. So happy. Sounded so yummy. Smiling.

Mon Jul 23, 01:12:00 AM  
Blogger Jonas said...

May you keep smiling, too, Fiona!

Then again, it doesn't take much to get you to smile, does it, Ms. Gillette!?!

Mon Jul 23, 04:08:00 PM  
Blogger anna said...

I love that you're sounding so positive about new possibilities. New chapters and journeys in our lives are always so exciting. I'm thankful that you're willing to share yours with us. I just wish I was your neighbour so I could come over and welcome you to your new home.

Mon Jul 23, 08:55:00 PM  
Blogger Brenda Starr said...

You've inspired me; I've been ambivalent about shedding the shackles of this house...you make the move sound exciting and promising...

Tue Jul 24, 12:13:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones