My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

Saturday, May 15, 2010

The Door is Open


There are those who slam doors shut...engage the deadbolts and
change the keys.

My door remains open.

I’m simply not the sort to deny my past or those befriended. The heart remembers what it loves no matter how addled or muddied
the brain.

My heart and door remain open to all who ever crossed the threshold. Don’t matter much to me how brief or long the stay.

Those once greeted are always welcome.

That’s not to say that nothing ever changes. Innocence lost can’t be reclaimed. Broken faith? Well, yes, redemption’s possible. But it’s a tough slog. Every step becomes a test of sorts. It’s not a venture for the faint of heart.

But the door is open.

All are welcome to sit and stay a spell. I’ll share my bread. We’ll get drunk on wine. Tired and weary? Here's a pillow. Need a shoulder to cry on? I’ll lend you mine. Got stories to share? I’ll bend an ear.

We can even sing and dance a spell should it so please.

Need a friend?

The door is open.

‘Cuz the heart remembers all it once or ever loved.

* * *



* * *

12 Comments:

Blogger Elisabeth said...

Such a welcoming poem here, Jonas, and Tom Dundee's singing is wonderful.

Thank you for offering such joy and beauty.

Sun May 16, 03:20:00 AM  
Blogger Maria said...

I aspire to be that way. I am a door shutter.

Sun May 16, 01:22:00 PM  
Blogger June Calender said...

I know what you're saying but you said it better than I could. Thank you.

Sun May 16, 06:56:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the song. I've got one for you as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXfuQ97rG8s&feature=related

Mon May 17, 10:03:00 AM  
Blogger Kass said...

So many have been conditioned to be vigilant about boundary issues. Protection at all times. How wonderful to be evolved to the point of immunity from old emotional assaults. "In my defenseless my safety lies." ACIM

The music speaks to the relaxed acceptance that you exhibit. So tender.

Mon May 17, 11:12:00 AM  
Blogger Wine and Words said...

Oh my. Can I be a friend? Please. The bread, the wine, the dance, the door. Lovely Jonas.

~ Annie

Mon May 17, 06:20:00 PM  
Blogger Jonas said...

I've been rather quiet lately. Remiss in responding to comments.

It's not that I'm oblivious.

No. It's not that.

What it is is that your comments touch me in unexpected ways. I find myself tear-stained, touched in the knowing that we are much the same. That neither you nor I are alone in our emotions.

I am quiet in the presence of beauty in all of its manifestations.

I am quiet because my words are feeble and the human spirit is not.

Mon May 17, 07:30:00 PM  
Blogger RNSANE said...

I love the photograph and the words even more.

Mon May 17, 10:58:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is beautiful and very, very true. Once you're in my heart you stay there - even if it ended in tears. It's just the way I am.

Tue May 18, 02:56:00 AM  
Blogger anna said...

Reading this brought me sadness. The sadness comes from the knowledge that I have never crossed your door, but wishing (especially after having read this) that I could be counted among those who have. They are a very fortunate bunch, Jonas.

Fri May 21, 09:39:00 AM  
Blogger Wine and Words said...

Thanks Jonas. Lovely again. And printed...and pasted...for safekeeping. Hope you don't mind.

Tue Jan 25, 05:35:00 PM  
Blogger Jonas said...

Mind!?! 'Course not. Bonus: I got to listen to Tom Dundee a few more times. Me love this song long time.

Tue Jan 25, 06:08:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones