My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Patty Griffin Redux



I’ve posted a Patty Griffin music video before.

She touches my heart in inexplicable ways. As it turns out, this video was part of the same concert performance as the other: Patty Griffin Live from the Artists’ Den (on the Ovation Channel). If you have a chance to view the entire program, watch it. You won’t be disappointed.

This song is a personal favorite. The original recorded version also happens to be the first entry on my “Playlist.” I listen to it most days.

Reminds me of what’s important.

* * *

So many things that I had before
That don't matter to me now
Tonight I cry for the love that I've lost
And the love I've never found
When the last bird falls
And the last siren sounds
Someone will say what's been said before
It's only love we were looking for

When you break down
I'll drive out and find you
When you forget my love
I'm gonna try to remind you
And stay by you
When it don't come easy
When it don't come easy


* * *

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a lovely song. She has an amazing voice, thanks Jonas. Kinda makes up for the snow this morning that I can see falling outside the window. Sigh.

Sun May 23, 10:43:00 AM  
Blogger Kass said...

Her intensity is a wondrously beautiful thing.

Sun May 23, 05:21:00 PM  
Blogger Wine and Words said...

Mmmm, Yes. Nothing moves like music, where lyrics and melody mate to make a stronger statement than on individual stages. Combine that with the artist who FEELS both, intensly, and the song becomes part of who we are, called up at a moments notice to sooth, or move, or love us when there is no flesh to do so.

Mon May 24, 11:41:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones