My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

Monday, March 28, 2011

Lightning Crashes


It began innocently enough. An exchange of opinions regarding spiritual beliefs. And in the course of that discourse, I dug up the link to this particular video of “Lightning Crashes.”

And so it began.

I’ve been listening to the song (watching the video, occasionally) all day long. Over and over and over and over again. Floodgates open. Torrents of tears.

The lyrics are sufficiently ambiguous that any listener can react in accordance with whatever moves the individual soul. And I did...
mindful that the band, Live, dedicated this song to a woman who died too young.

I’ve been crying all day.

Not because a woman has died.

No.

Because a woman I love with all my heart fights to live.

I stand alone in the far distance. Powerless.

All I’ve got is prayer, and I’ve done little to warrant God’s affection or mercy.

But I’m not too proud to beg. So I beg. With every fiber of my being.

Not too proud to bargain. Take my breath and let another breathe.

Please

* * *

7 Comments:

Blogger Wine and Words said...

Oh Jonas. My heart goes out to you. I can feel this grief. I think of two songs...this one (not for the video, which has a sharp religeous point, but the emotion of his prayer and yours) and this one for it's empathy and hope.

Hoping and praying with you Jonas, that she wins the battle.

Mon Mar 28, 05:08:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry Jonas.

Mon Mar 28, 05:18:00 PM  
Blogger Jonas said...

Not for me the sympathy. I beseech you to intercede on Paula's behalf. Pray that she be granted at least the same number of years that I've squandered. She'll make far better use of them than I did.

Mon Mar 28, 06:46:00 PM  
Blogger Ponita in Real Life said...

Sending all my healing vibes to Paula, and warm hugs to you, Jonas. It is so very difficult, the helpless feeling, when one in need is far away.

Mon Mar 28, 08:14:00 PM  
Blogger anna said...

I get shivers everytime I hear that song.

Is this about your mother-in-law? I wish her and all of her loved ones strength.

Mon Mar 28, 08:18:00 PM  
Blogger Jonas said...

Thank you, Ponita and...yes.

No, Anna. This is an unexpected, equally sharp dagger to the heart. "Amazing Woman" is battling cancer.

Mon Mar 28, 10:28:00 PM  
Blogger Kass said...

I'm so sorry, Jonas. My heart and prayers to you and Paula.

Fri Apr 01, 07:46:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones