My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

Monday, October 13, 2008

A Reminder


This is the season of change. The Sun shies from this colder clime and drifts towards warmer latitudes (my protestations notwithstanding). The rays slant low these days and hide away too early but the light,
THE LIGHT, is fecund with beauty.

And I am that proverbial powerless moth drawn hypnotically to the light. It steals my breath at the window then propels me out the door. Into the forest. There, in the woodlands, the sun plies its magic with neither shame nor adulteration. It is all so beautiful.

Too beautiful for words.

The world is transforming itself. The hopes and new births of spring gave way to the passions of summer. But Life is ever-changing. Yesterday’s verities fall with the leaves. Now is the season of remembrance and acceptance...while all is limned and bathed in an indescribable glow.

Breezes caress me. They tease the blushing leaves until their tethers give way to temptation. They kiss the zephyrs and frolic before they come to their final rest. I wander besotted in a cloudburst of color and it is all so beautiful.

Too beautiful for words.

* * *

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your words brought me back to a long forgotten time when collecting colorfuls leaves in the park was something we relly looked forward to.

Thanks for bringing me back.

Stihl

Mon Oct 13, 03:54:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Jonas, you call to the wood nymph in me! Could I abandon this tether right now --- I would harken fall's call and traipse in the woods myself.
lovely, lovely and as always with you, words do convey the beauty!

Mon Oct 13, 03:58:00 PM  
Blogger Cheesy said...

Too beautiful for words? I think not~

Mon Oct 13, 08:34:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love crunching through the red and orange leaves (even now at my age). You describe Autumn so beautifully it seems a shame I have to wait for another year for it to come round. A treat to read.

Wed Oct 15, 04:06:00 AM  
Blogger Ponita in Real Life said...

I love the smell of autumn... the leaves rolling across the ground, pushed gently by the breeze.

We had that for a while but then it started to rain.... now it smells like worms out there. *sigh*

Wed Oct 15, 08:26:00 AM  
Blogger Jonas said...

Isn't it sumptin'!?! Reveries of autumn fill our collective hearts!

I love that about us humans. Really.

Thu Oct 16, 06:39:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, a lyrical ode to autumn. Keats couldn't have put it better.

And I don't just mean because he's been dead a while now.

Fri Oct 17, 05:36:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As you've read me recently you already know how much I relate to this and appreciate your words... Well said J. Well said indeed!

Wed Oct 22, 08:48:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones