My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

Thursday, January 29, 2009

April Come She Will

I find it hard to explain how much the music of Simon and Garfunkel resonates within me. We go back a long, long ways...to the 60’s. I find it even harder to explain what that decade meant to me.

So I have this neural jukebox and songs begin to play inside my head exactly as recorded. They simply begin to play. I kinda groove on that. My sub-conscious cavorting as a DJ.

And so this song began to play in my head today. Over and over again. And I was transported to the endless summers of young love.

How was I to know there would be so many Septembers?





* * *
And then it hit me...the full truth, import and weight of the words
she wrote months ago:

"I love him, but I don't think I'm in love with him."

* * *

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh this is too beautiful, the whole thing, wonderous. thankyou Jonas

Fri Jan 30, 11:29:00 AM  
Blogger Jonas said...

Panele Tipota, mano meilute, have you considered the possible consequences of such praise? Have you? The trouble's started already. My hat no longer fits. It wouldn't take all that much more for my head to swell too big to climb inside my car. Given my semi-rural habitat, I would be unable to find my way to a grocery store. A week or so after I consume the last pitted olive hiding in the refridgerator and swigged the last of the vodka, my hands would fall white and empty.

You couldn't live with the guilt, could you?

I thought not.

Sun Feb 01, 10:58:00 AM  
Blogger Scott from Oregon said...

I was listening to Bridge Over troubled Water in the second grade. I thought "The Boxer" was the coolest song ever.

Sun Feb 01, 10:52:00 PM  
Blogger Jonas said...

Second grade, Scott!?! SECOND GRADE!?!

Oh, let me set a spell (it's the vapors).

I was a college graduate. Married.

Sun Feb 01, 10:54:00 PM  
Blogger Jonas said...

No. Wait. I was a college sophomore when Bridge Over Troubled Waters was released. My bad.

Those years are kinda blurry...

Sun Feb 01, 10:57:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones