My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Listening


I’ve assumed (purt near my entire life) that anyone who has anything substantive to say will simply speak. And I will listen.

It hasn’t actually turned out that way. Turns out a great deal has been left unspoken.

The question, therefore, is:

Am I hearing-impaired?

Have my ears have been deemed less than trustworthy, reliable or faithful?

Or is it that we're simply creatures prone to tie our tongues in knots?

* * *

(I'd kinda like to know)

4 Comments:

Blogger Ponita in Real Life said...

Some are so tongue tied, they won't even speak to themselves....

Sun Jun 27, 02:34:00 AM  
Blogger anna said...

I think people are often waiting for the other person to speak first and then they'll respond to that. They don't want to go out on a limb and risk rejection or looking foolish. Some people are just afraid to speak.

Sun Jun 27, 03:52:00 PM  
Blogger Jonas said...

I mumble to myself quite often. I think I qualify as "eccentric." Some people simply consider me "dotty."

I can live with that.

Yes, Anna, some people are afraid to speak. I feel for them. I don't wish to imagine the wounds they may have suffered to find themselves in that state.

Fri Jul 02, 08:43:00 PM  
Blogger Cheesy said...

I sorry I don't have words... I am too freaked out by your choice of photos lol

Tue Jul 13, 11:10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones