My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

Friday, August 31, 2012

Sigh




Always Gonna Be You

I could jump on some ol' highway
Run a thousand miles or more
Unlock some hidden mystery
Behind a distant door
I could sail the seven oceans
Til I crawl upon some long forgotten shore

But it's always gonna be you
Always gonna be you I'm lookin' for

I could climb a hundred mountains
Leave a hard ol' world behind
Wander right across some prairie
Like a man out of his mind
I could walk and stare into the sun
Let it all just burn me deaf and blind
But it's always gonna be you...
Always gonna be you I'm tryin' to find 

Where does a man go for redemption
Where does he take a broken heart
Shouldn't there be some small exemption
If he does all that it takes
To admit to his mistakes
Til the truth batters and breaks his world apart

I could ask for my forgiveness
From the heavens high above
Tell myself my prayers are gonna somehow be enough
And lay down in some angels bed
Convinced I've found the one I'm dreamin' of
But it's always gonna be you...
Always gonna be you that I love.

Where does a man seek his salvation
When does his mind finally go free
Is the pain he feels the only explanation...
For believing lies are true
For the stone inside his shoe
The endless ways the years keep haunting me... 

I could find an empty church
Get down on my knees
Tell myself the mercy
Is a matter of degrees
Then lay down in some angel's arms
Convinced I've found the one I'm dreamin' of
But it's always gonna be you...
Always gonna be you that I love

Always gonna be you... that I love

Kenny Chesney

* * *

8 Comments:

Blogger beachsiggy said...

Yeah. Sigh.

Sat Sep 01, 09:03:00 PM  
Blogger Jonas said...

I knew that I couldn't be the only one who identified with this song.

Yeah, it hurts. And I'll carry these hurts to my grave.

Sat Sep 01, 09:29:00 PM  
Blogger beachsiggy said...

Hurting means you remember, and remembering is not so bad. If we're not a collection of rememberings, who are we, really? I'd rather hurt than feel nothing at all.

Sun Sep 02, 09:52:00 AM  
Blogger Jo ~ said...

Jonas,

Love is one of life's freebies! Why do hearts cage themselves when it comes to love? Love will only come to those who open their heart's door to receive it. Some never truly can accept or love another wholeheartedly and unconditionally; it is rare but love is out there. I wish that for you.

Mon Sep 03, 06:37:00 PM  
Blogger Jonas said...

I'd rather hurt than feel nothing at all. - beachsiggy

I agree. I found the movie: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind thought-provoking in that it asked the question: would we be happier if we had no memories? I wouldn't be.

Bella: I didn't interpret that song as necessarily caging one's heart as a consequence of failing in love. I shudder to think I won't fall in love again. But I'm a realist. One doesn't get the chance to find grand passion/true love all that often (some never do). I consider myself blessed that I did. I also know that I'll not have the time with another to grow the deep roots that take decades to work their way into the heart, mind and soul. I do believe, though, that I'll still find angels.

Mon Sep 03, 09:35:00 PM  
Blogger Jo ~ said...

ah yes! I considered myself blessed as well to find it at least once in my lifetime too, but it ain't over yet! it could come again just when I ain't lookin' for it...LOL

Tue Sep 04, 04:54:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Very interesting. I love it. Thanks for sharing. I have a wonderful time. God bless you.

kids bean bag

Tue Oct 02, 12:59:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

"At Twilight" has been included in the A Sunday Drive for this week. I hope this helps to point even more new visitors in your direction.

http://asthecrackerheadcrumbles.blogspot.com/2012/10/a-sunday-drive_4845.html

Sun Oct 14, 09:40:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones